How To Get Involved
The easiest way to celebrate Color The World orange™, Is to wear Orange!
Make sure to take a picture and post IT to social media with the hashtag: #CRPSORANGEDAY™
IN THE COMMUNITY
Send a letter to your local mayor, council member and governor asking for a proclamation naming November as CRPS/RSD awareness month.
Speak to your local newspaper or television station and ask them to run a story about CRPS/RSD.
Plan a CRPS/RSD restaurant night, where a portion of the profits can be donated to a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
Ask local businesses to hang signs advertising Color The World Orange™.
Ask local businesses to leave a basket of orange ribbons on the counter with a CRPS/RSD pamphlet.
Speak to a local nursery and see if it will donate an annual or tree -- perhaps one with orange flowers -- that can be planted in your town. Plan a ceremonial planting with a local official.
Apply to turn your local landmark orange on Color The World Orange™.
Ask your company to leave a basket of orange ribbons in the office for employees to wear. Make sure to leave a CRPS/RSD pamphlet for colleagues to read.
Plan a Color The World Orange™ fun-run or walk. Encourage everyone to wear orange and award a prize to the person wearing the craziest orange costume.
- Plan an orange day at your school where all teachers and students wear orange.
- Ask the school newspaper to publish an article about CRPS/RSD.
- Dedicate a football or basketball game to CRPS/RSD awareness. Encourage fans to wear orange. Set up a booth outside the game with CRPS/RSD information.
- Plan a bake sale and donate the proceeds to a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
- If you are in college, get your sorority or fraternity, dorm or club involved. Set up a booth on campus to hand out information about CRPS/RSD.
- Plan an event and raise money for a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
- Change your social media backgrounds to display the Color The World Orange™ logos.
- Encourage friends and family to wear orange and post pictures to social media using the hashtag: #CRPSORANGEDAY™.
- Post one CRPS/RSD fact on social media every day in November.
- Make orange cookies or orange cupcakes to give to family and friends.
- Make orange ribbons to distribute to friends and family.
These are just a few suggestions of ways to get involved. Be creative and have fun. Whether you wear an orange ribbon or plan a large event, your participation will help to spread much-needed awareness of CRPS/RSD!
All photos used with permission.